Cradle of life

Chapter One:
I came into this world


It reminds me of the day when I was born. My parents would have been in the seventh heaven. Coming from a big family, big in numbers - a joint family, lot of my immediate surroundings ‘would’ also have been very happy to see my new born face.


My Dad, although not the eldest, had been the front runner in the band of four brothers and a sister, so as to say the perfect descendant of my grandpa - the decision maker although this was more prominent after grandpa left. In Indian terminology and hindi words “Vyavharic – Sab ka dhyan wo hi rakhte the (unko padvi mili)”.


My Mom also had the same family structure. She had been doing the home ministry duties for almost all of them in my family. Even on the last day before my birth took place, she had to do the daily chores and then go to the hospital. There are three ways of seeing this. One – People were not that worried that something wrong will happen. Two – Most of females were housewives and had to complete their bit of housework. Three – They believed that by doing the work your chances of normal pregnancy increases, basically at the time of labour. Guess in my case, all were the reasons.


She did her bit on that day and then went to the hospital with my grandma in the night and I was born. My Dad was only allowed in the hospital once I was born.


My grandpa from mother’s side had been a little stricter from cultural aspects and he waited outside the room with my grandpa to see me. Mom had to cover her head with the saree she wore out of respect and bring me to them.


Luckily my grandpa from dad’s side had been much ahead of times and my mom has enjoyed his company more than she did in her own family after marriage which she proudly announces. He too saw me on the next day.


The only thing my mom remembers is that I had lot of motions on the fourth day and she was all alone in the hospital to bear the worries. She says she kept crying alone as no one was around and I kept going on and on. They don’t exactly remember the first day when I was brought home.


It’s been 32 years now....

4 Comments:

MEHUL ASHAR said...

Dear Kejal

Your post has indeed increased my respect and love for you my friend.

You have come a long way and have never given up on life's challenges.It talks much about how you have come up in life inspite facing obstacles. Life isnt fair but then we have a choice to better it by living on our own terms.

Lage raho dost!

The Beast said...

KJ,

Your post proves what I have always said about you - a man with a heart and a very big one at that ....... For you, my friend!

Suraj Woh Jhuk Gaya Hai
Tere Aage Ruk Gaya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kejal..This is really beautiful indeed...the thought of writing a blog is just superb..i really loved what u wrote...

Kej said...

@Mehul - Thanks for being along through the thick and the thin.
@I - Thanks for your lovely quote.
@Bhakti - Thanks I just got game for the idea of expressing myself and ofcourse my kid who is an inspiration to write this post.. more to come.. keep a watch..

Post a Comment