Cradle of life

Chapter 2: IT’S TIME…

Me: Mom, do you remember how the day went when I was been brought home from the hospital.

Mom: The only thing I remember is you not keeping well and had lot of motions. I just couldn’t stop crying.

I called Dad and asked the same question.

Dad: No dear. I don’t. Its 32 years now…. Ok Dad – And I kept the phone.

Initially, I thought of writing the post with this subject with a different thought which I will be covering in this chapter partially. However, the above events led me to dig whatever I can, to understand what happened when I was born. Hence the Chapter 1 as a brief prologue.

It was somewhere around 1:00 Am of an early Sunday morning on 7th Feb’2010. I and my wife were watching a movie on my Mac book. Chickoo, as she calls me lovingly, my back is paining badly. Don’t worry hon, it will soon go I said. This is not the kind of pain that I get normally. Huhhhh.. What are you saying. Yes, it’s not the normal pain. Please try and sleep after we complete the movie and it will be ok, I kept re-iterating to her.

We men would never understand what a woman goes through in certain situations. For that we will have to make a request above to give a re-birth in that role…

It is still paining she said after watching the movie. Try to sleep and not think about it too much, I said to her, although it was all over my mind.

I can’t sleep this way my wife said in agony. My Mom too came inside the room seeing the lights on and sat besides her to spend some time. I went out of the room to kill some time so she can sleep. I had no sleep in my eyes that time. I sat with my Mac book to just pass some of my time. Mom tried to catch a nap after that as it was very late in the night. We left her to sleep so that no one reminds her to speak what she is going through.

Her time passed in pain while she tried to catch some sleep. I went to check if she was ok after some time. She was not. I sat besides her caressing my fingers on her forehead re-assuring her that everything will be ok and this will pass. In the meanwhile, I caught up some sleep too. Couple of hours passed.

Wake up. Wake up. I heard that opening my eyes slowly. What happened hon? Is it still paining that bad?

IT’S TIME she said… And I felt the silence of the night hissing through my ears…

I was startled. Like the early butterflies one would feel in such a situation, I started feeling them in my stomach. Mom I shouted from my bedroom asking her to come inside. Guess we need to take her to the hospital mom…… Someone is in a hurry inside her I said……

This may just be a false alarm, Mom mentioned. The doctor had advised us earlier that she needs to be admitted to the Hospital most probably on Monday evening. Although she was due much later, due to complications we had to plan her procedure in advance.

I have checked it Mom, she said… IT’S TIME…

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

wow this makes me feel just so real...as if its happening live in front of me...i am definately waiting for u to write another blog...

Kej said...

thanks.. that will be happening soon till my memory is afresh..

Radhika said...

hey Keju I can actually visualise both of u in the situation. keep it going!

Kej said...

sure radhs.. soon to follow..

Unknown said...

hey please start ur 3 rd chapter soon.. need to know what happened after that .. anyways ... U can b writer .... U r catching ppl attentions

Kej said...

Chapter 3 will be posted soon..

I dont know if I can be a writer.. if you do feel.. spread the word... ;)

And who are the people whose attentions I have catched so far? :D

Unknown said...

Yest we had met .. me bips n sej... so we were discussing abt ur blog... so Sejal commented that she has to go n specifically visit FB to see abt ur blog... so u should give credit to us .. we are very well marketing it... lolz... ;)

The Beast said...

KJ - I can visualise it very well - maybe I should use the scene in one of my upcoming scripts, with your permission :)

Kej said...

@Sheetal: Good if that is the case.. all the credit to you..
@I: You can use this and the coming post in your scripts if you like'em ;)

Post a Comment